[Image not found]
The Fashion Illustration course is ideal for Beginners as well as experienced students with a keen interest in developing their creative ideas through research, design, and development. On this course students will be taught how to use inspiration and drawing techniques to communicate their design ideas to potential clients. You will learn the process and techniques used to achieve original work. Students will learn how to use different rendering techniques to create the impression of a design in a more artistic style.
This course is ideal for both beginners and experienced creatives with no prior knowledge of design or drawing, and also ideal for those who wish to develop condence in this area. Students however must be able to carry out research, tasks, exercises and assignments given.
1) How to use the colour palette for illustration.
2) How to explore a range of mixed media and tools.
3) How to draw the Fashion figure.
4) Drawing from reference.
5) How to draw fabrics, drapes, and patterns.
6) How to draw fabric flow and movement.
7) Developing and communicating a personal illustration style.
8) To carry out and compile research to build designs and collections.
Flat Pattern Making
[Image not found]
The pattern making course is designed for those who want to learn professional flat pattern making/cutting.
It is an internationally used method and allows you to understand the science and mathematics of cutting. We call it the architecture of fashion! The creative who looks to explore how it all works and is not afraid of technical drawing and some mathematics will enjoy this process. For those coming from a freehand background, this course proves to answer a lot of questions you have had for years! It also teaches you how standard sizes are created
Basic sewing skills are required. Math skills and an eye for detail plus a keen interest in this method of cutting is important.
1) How to use and make your own standard block for target market and customized slopers for clients. 2) bespoke garment making
3) How to convert blocks to patterns
4) Dart manipulation and adaptation of various styles
5) Various sleeve adaptations
Sewing and garment construction (Beginners)
[Image not found]
This bestseller beginners course is where most students start. It will take you through the very basic elements of design, sewing, machine use, basic pattern manipulation and garment construction for womenswear. From concept to creation, you will be taught how to design, make patterns for your designs, cut and sew up a capsule collection made up of 6 garments. This course offers the best start in the process of anyone’s journey into garment making. The focus is to build strong sewing skills and get a full understanding of the process. While it remains a beginners level program, many students have taken this course and built on it to do great things!
No prior experience is necessary.
1) Machine and Sewing techniques and professional finishing for various garments
2) Design and sketch project work using templates.
3) Womens full body measurements and sizing.
4) Introduction to pattern making and free hand cutting.
5) Construction of a capsule collection which includes 2 blouses (tops), 2 skirts, 1 dress and a pair of trousers
[Image not found]
This course focuses on equipping students on the fundamentals and necessary tools of running their fashion business effectively in not just a local setting but also setting foundations that will lead them to become major players in the International world. Noticing how we few Nigerian brands haven’t really gotten global recognition, this course is tailored to address the obstacles faced by present fashion brands and how to overcome them.
1) Understanding Business Terms and Structure
2) Having a clear view to corporate finance
3) Operating with Globalisation in mind.
4) Effective brand creation & communication for high commercial value.
5) How to market your Fashion Business effectively traditionally & digitally
6) Product Line, Channel & Distribution Management
7) How to brand your Business for the global front
a) Fluent in speaking and understanding English
b) Basic knowledge of what the fashion industry entails
c) This course will last only 1 week. You will be asked to prepare presentations and be given daily tasks to execute during the time of the course. Groups will be created for specific case studies that will be given to them. The workload are itemized as follows:
Getting the most of this course will require your:
Full attention to what the Instructors are saying
Come with notebooks and take notes.
Asking a lot of questions for more clarity
Participating heartily in class activities and projects.
Avoid distractions; this will take only 1 week, ensure you get good value for your money by minimising outside communication.
[Image not found]
Description Our bridal course at TFA is created for those interested in focusing on the techniques used to create bridalwear. If you are interested in taking your skills to an advanced level, and bridalwear or red carpet dresses are your main area of interest as a designer, fashion student or employee, then this course is for you. Do you want your dresses to look like those bought from high end designer brands Internationally? This course raises the quality and confidence of your work. With your creativity and keen eye for detail you will learn how to achieve outstanding work.
This course is an advanced course that requires Pattern making skills, strong sewing skills and professional sewing techniques. The use of an industrial straight sewing machine is also required. You will need to bring your design options with flat drawings on day one.
1.Draping on a stand
-How to make a basic block or sloper using a dressform.
-How to make a strapless bodice using draping.
-How to create patterns from draping 3D ruching and pleating.
2) How to create a strapless bustier using boning, a hidden bra and proper interlining and support methods.
3) To cut fishtails, circles and a variety of options for fullness in skirts.
4) To use lace and appliqué for surface decoration.
5) Ruching and pleating technique
6) Making flowers and petals
8) Veil concepts
9) Complete step by step process to assemble a full bridal outfit
By the end of this course you will be confident in producing a well finished bridal dress with intricate details of design on the outside, and neatly finished on the inside.
Price : 50,000
Noticing how we few Nigerian brands haven’t really gotten global recognition, this course is tailored to address the obstacles faced by present fashion brands and how to overcome them.
Fluent in speaking and understanding English
Basic knowledge of what the fashion industry entails
1.Understanding Business Terms and Structure.
2.Operating with Globalisation in mind.
3.Effective brand creation & communication for high commercial value.
4.Product Line, Channel & Distribution Management.
5.How to brand your Business for the global front.
Price : 120,000
Digital Fashion Illustration is ideal for people with some drawing experience. On this course students will be taught how to illustrate digitally, You will learn the process and techniques used to achieve original work. Students will learn how to use different rendering techniques to create the impression of a design in a more artistic style digitally.
Rendering clothes digitally.
Rendering of fabric patterns digitally
Drawing of more fliud poses
Drawing and creating styles from inspiration and themes. Understanding and creation of mood board creation and collections.